Wednesday 16 January 2013

Hello hello, is anyone still out there?

Oh my it really has been the longest while since I blogged.  No excuses given, I simply haven't.  That's a bit of a fib I realize.  Whenever I think about having to organize my thoughts, cables for cameras etc I let out a huge sigh and think '*$!* it I'll do it later!'.
Later, invariably, never comes.
I have things to show you, subjectively feel good ta-dahs. Revelations on new crafty endeavours and new skills learned.  The discoveries of free machine embroiderey; being both 'so my thang' and sewn text neater than my actual handwriting.  A handmade Christmas (even though I promised myself I would buy more) and a poorly Christmas.
Last year was the year I fell out of like with blogging but this year, this lovely 2013 where I turn 40, I am determined I am getting back my blogging mojo.  I am planning a revamp, a reclaiming of  my cyber space. I am opening an Etsy shop soon too to sell my brooches so keep an eye out for that. I am focusing on 'keeping it real' which, for me, means remembering I am at my very core a blether, a chatterer, a verbal vomiting type and cannot compete (and don't want to) with any other blog. That I do not have to always have photos or subjects and definitely will  NOT be offering advice on how to use old plastic hand cream containers or tights. I forgot after a certain amount of time blogging why I started. I got bogged down with thoughts of 'what are you trying to say?', 'who are you trying to say it to?' and silly things like that.  Feckadoodle!! What on earth possessed me to have silly ponderings like that? I obviously was having a wobble!
All I want to do is chat, be creative and entertain myself and hopefully you lovely peeps who take the time to read my posts!
Sounds simple enough. Although I have had a thought, earlier on I wrote 'keeping it real'. OMFG! Wait a minute "OMFG"???? I fear I have swallowed an old person trying to be 'down with the kids'.  Oh dear....

Oh and 40!! How and when did enough time pass for that to be happening this year?

Hope you are all fine and dandy my intersweb pals. I have been as negligent of your blogs as I have mine for which I am sorry, I bet I missed loads of lovely posts.


X


Find me as @jammypudding on Instagram or Twitter.




23 comments:

  1. hi friend :) glad you are back to blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally empathise with your post - I too stopped blogging for ages. For part of the time I wasn't blogging, I simply forgot all about it, but at other times I had some of those thoughts you mention - 'Who am I doing it for - and why? - and how?!'. Now I've started again - and just chilled (as 'the kids' would say, ha, ha). x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you, I think that Instagram is my reason why I'm not blogging so much. Is that a bad thing to say? Also it is very very cold at the moment and I just can seem to get my cooking mojo going! xBHC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! You're back... Not that I knew you before being back, but now you're back and I'm here too do I cash pop by for a catch up on how "real you're keeping it"!! He he! I'm always glad to find blogs with other chatter boxers and ditherers. Followed over from instagram too :) happy belated birthday x Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!! I think Instagram is why lots of people are not blogging - tis like blogging only easier. Looking forward to seeing/reading what you have to say, my lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of it was IG Victoria but quite fancy being able to extend what I want to say and my thoughts. X

      Delete
  6. Hi Ali, good to see you back!
    There are no rules: you can blog when you like, how you like and about what you like, and there's not many things in life that you can be so in control of, so do as you will I say!
    Looking forward to seeing some of your crafting makes when you have the urge to post piccies!
    Happy New Year - and 40 this year? You're still a babe, lucky lucky you being that young! When you get over 50.........that's not so great!
    Have a great week!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one of the most talented and modest people I (virtually) know and your blog will always be fab :) you bake a mean cake,can knit socks and know all the lyrics to the best songs :) go girl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm here!! Blogging away once a week. I enjoy reading other peoples posts - I'm just nosey really! Your blog is lovely - there are no blogging rules - just blog when you feel like it :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep meaning to read your blog, will make sure I do soon. X

      Delete
  9. Sounds like 2013 is going to be busy! I'll keep popping in for a cuppa and slice of cake {there will still be the odd slice of cake, wont there?}...
    Nicky
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! You're back and I'm really glad. I love your posts as they are, they are chatty, funny, gossipy and they remind me so much of friends I hold dear. Don't try to be anything other than you are because that is unique. Best news of all is that you'll be opening an Etsy shop, you betcha I'll be purchasing one of your brooches! Considering this myself for 2013 but not sure if I'll have the time to make stuff ( too many fingers in too many pies). We'll see but i wish you lots of luck. Oh and 40?.....don't worry about it. I jumped that hurdle 4 years ago after spending a year dreading it, moaning about it and generally freaking out over it, to find that it's absolutely fine. After all life is supposed to a hell of a ride rather than trying to preserve the best. Just 50 to worry about now lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello you! Thanks for your kind words lovely lady. I've been pondering a shop for a few years now but this year finally I will take the plunge. I have decided I will wear 40 very well! X

      Delete
  11. Haha, I too am a gibberer of nonsense with no particular plan so it's nice to be in such good company ;) Can't wait to get my eyes on your etsy shop! :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've seen all my stuff anyway Elspeth!! Have you any advice, gibber away! XX

      Delete
  12. Ditto, ditto and ditto! I concur with pretty much everything, even the turning 40.... Me too!!!! Although right at the end of the year so practically a whole year away...ahem. Although you'd never catch me saying anything like OMFG....................LOL! Smiley face. Amazeballs! Much?!?.............Aaaanyways.....
    I too am striving to find the joy of blogging and trying not to get too bogged down with photoshopping, macroing this and that, lighting, epic novel style writing etc etc. I finally realised that my favourite aspect of my blog is post hopping thru every so often reading over little snippets of stuff that I had completely forgotten about. It's at those times I realise I really do only write my blog for me. I'm just so glad you're still here!!! There was a wobbly moment last year! I like our occasional cyber cuppas! x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from all you interesting folks out there so don't be shy.
Had to put the annoying word verification back on as the spam was getting silly. Forgive me! Ali

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails