Tuesday 3 January 2012

Twenty Twelve or Two Thousand and Twelve? Don't Panic...

I have to ask which is it?
The man of the flowing locks and much historical wisdom, Neil Oliver, got me thinking when he tweeted the other day we should be saying Twenty Twelve by now.  Since the millenium started I have been saying Two Thousand and... which seems ridiculous when I think I said Nineteen something for the first twenty six years of my life!   I just don't know if I can break the habit now.
Twenty Twelve seems like something someone talking of the Olympics says especially in the spoof telly prog about the organization of it with the lovely Hugh Bonnevile.
It does roll off the tongue though and it cannae be that hard to change my ways if I want, especially about something so really very unimportant.

Don't panic it's only a new year!

But panic I did.

Over this...


Have you played it?
Oh my effing G it's scary!  Simply having to say 3-7 things like Star Wars characters or dinosaurs in ten seconds sounds easy right?  I got round the board first because I bloody well did panic, screaming out answers as fast as I could "three sharp things? Needle, scissors, knife" Slam the timer button down and breathe.  No really breathe.  It was so uncomfortably stressful and scary, afterwards the adrenalin was pumping and I felt I could have taken on anything.  Though definitely NOT another game of Don't Panic!!
At least I won, our other new board game is QI and I have no chance and without someone making up the mad scoring system where you can win when you've hardly answered at all, I have definitely nae chance!
Oh well I have come to accept my children are surpassing me in many facets of knowledge (even if I do from time to time give a friendly lecture about needle sizes or the like to show I do indeed know some things!).

Just as well I am not (very) competitive!


X


2 comments:

  1. I know I'm going to be saying 2011 for the next eleven months...
    Happy New Year, whichever one it is, Ax

    ReplyDelete
  2. That game would put me in a box - of the carried out by an undertaker sort - I reckon. I have never been able to play video games (with the exception of Pacman - I was young then!) as I get in such a tizz with them! I'm with you on the 2012 thing - it's been 'two thousand and eleven' but it's going to be 20 - 12 for me now.
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from all you interesting folks out there so don't be shy.
Had to put the annoying word verification back on as the spam was getting silly. Forgive me! Ali

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails