Saturday 23 January 2010

The Great Reveal!

I am calling this post 'The Great Reveal' out of sheer joy that I have finally finished.  The cake, THE CAKE, I have been working on all week, is done, dusted, cut and scoffed with great delight by family and friends with compliments abound.  I'm sure you are all bursting with excitement, maybe a little wee had already escaped, so here it is........
I am very, very, very pleased with the end result.  Relieved it went well as it was a practice run for a friends wedding this summer.  She wants me to make her cake even though I had never done it before at the time of asking.  Ever the practical I embarked on giving it a bash first with a single tier cake for my Mum's 60th and now with this Ruby Anniversary two-tiered one.  I just wish the light had been better for a better photo but I was too scared to move it nearer more natural light, what if I had dropped it?  I am a dropper, clumsy Mummy remember if you read the earlier post.
Suffice to say I am feeling really good it went well, my beautiful parents-in-law loved it, their guests ate it heartily and I got very drunk and danced the night away with lots of mental, tummies filled with fizzy juice, children running about the dance floor bashing each other with balloons.  So a good family party then.
I have crowned myself Queen Ali today if that's OK with you!!
X

9 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!!! I have never seen a more spectacular cake. I bet it tasted yummy too. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee! That is one helluva cake your majesty, well done you! I bet your lucky inlaws were thrilled to bits.

    I think if I had made that cake I would have screeched at anyone who went near it with a knife though!

    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Na, not at all Heather! I scoffed three bits as soon as it was sliced. It was Y-U-M-M-Y!!!
    I confess to making everyone admire it first though!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow look how smoooooth it is! tis was you first cake?? you should be very proud of yourself, its a beauty!...i want cake! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one beautiful looking cake! Well done you!....that sound like my kind of party.

    Hope you are having a great weekend.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful cake your highness. Too good to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also need to comment on just how S.M.O.O.T.H that cake is/was. Well done you! Glad it all went well. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! Yeah I'm 18 :-) Although my teacher refers to me as a "new fogey", I suppose she is right I would prefer to be born in 1951 than 1991!
    Ooh will take a look at the recipe thanks! I made "healthy" oat biscuits today and my Mom has almost finished them all off with the excuse "they're healthy!!" haha! That cake ^^ looks stunning! I went through a brief wanting-to-be-a-cake-decorator phase when I was 15, I went to a cake decorating guild thing which was more like the WI so I felt a little out of place, then the cake decorator cancelled so we had to do a basket making course! But atleast I won the raffle! haha
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I have an award for you on my blog.

    What an amazing cake. I would not in a million years be able to acheive anything like that. well done to you.

    Thanks for following me.


    MBBx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from all you interesting folks out there so don't be shy.
Had to put the annoying word verification back on as the spam was getting silly. Forgive me! Ali

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails